Built In Honors ClearDATA with 2022 Best Places to Work Award READ MORE
Accelerate Your HITRUST Certification Process by Partnering with ClearDATA
The HITRUST CSF is the most widely-adopted security framework in the healthcare industry. The CSF provides a common set of specific security and privacy controls that organizations can put in place to help them protect the PHI/PII that they have responsibility for collecting, storing, or processing. This framework is used by both Covered Entities and Business Associates, and some organizations require the certification from any third-party vendor.
Achieving a HITRUST certification on your own takes time and careful planning in order to show proof of the hundreds of controls that might need to be put in place. As a HITRUST certified organization, ClearDATA can help you accelerate your certification process through our HITRUST Inheritance Program, which allows you to inherit certain controls based upon your work with us as a customer.
HITRUST Inheritance Overview
ClearDATA customers leveraging the ClearDATA cloud platform are eligible to participate in the HITRUST Inheritance program. This program enables ClearDATA to make their relevant assessment scores available for inheritance into any organization’s assessment. Through our HITRUST Inheritance program, customers have been able to inherit up to 45% of the controls directly from ClearDATA.
The ClearDATA HITRUST Inheritance Program will:
- Simplify the process and reduce the effort for hosting and service organization customers
- Reduce the required testing and associated costs for inherited controls
- Gain awareness of service providers’ services to those undergoing CSF Assessments
- Reduce testing required to get a HITRUST CSF Validated assessment
- Reduce data entry associated with HITRUST CSF Validation of applications already hosted in a HITRUST CSF Validated environment
- Provide granular inheritance of control requirement scores
- Indicate Service Provider’s focus on security
In the news
10 Tips to Shrink Attack Surface by Prioritizing Digital Hygiene
ClearDATA’s founder and Chief Privacy & Security Officer Chris Bowen gives his take on digital threats associated with the pandemic and the risks and mitigation efforts.
5 ways IT vendors put customers’ PHI at risk
Warning to technology vendors that service the healthcare industry: nearly half of serious data breaches occur in the healthcare sector and the majority are caused by a third party. There are five common ways technology vendors set themselves up – and their healthcare customers – for a data breach that could be catastrophic to patients’ privacy and the vendor’s reputation.