Webinar Offers Ways to Protect Your Organization from Ransomware Attacks
by Chris Bowen
Chief Privacy & Security Officer and Founder
On Wednesday October 28, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the FBI and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) issued an announcement that they had “credible information of an increased and imminent cybercrime threat to U.S. hospitals and healthcare providers.” I wrote a blog post about that here on October 29, and a few days later recorded a live webinar on the what you can do to prepare your organization against a ransomware attack. You can access the ransomware webinar on demand here.
All of this made for a busy week, but I cannot stress strongly enough that we must take these ransomware threats seriously, and we must take action now, not later.
The webinar “Government Issued Warning of Imminent Threat: How You Can Prepare Your Organization Against Ransomware” provides in depth information about the current situation, and provides educational content to help build awareness and understanding.
It also provides you with the following:
- Understanding of why ransomware attacks happen
- A look at the specifics of the recent Russian hacks using Trickbot and Ryuk
- The anatomy of a ransomware attack
- Insight into which toolsets are being used in these attacks including Conti, Trickbot, Ryuk, BazarLoader and BazarBackdoor
- A flow chart for how Trickbot infects your systems
- Examples of directories being used and servers being accessed
- The files names being used by BazarLoader
- Names of domains you can block
- Actions you can take now to improve your defenses against an attack
- Dozens of best practices for every day good data hygiene
- Specific things providers need to do to prepare today
I urge you to access this ransomware in healthcare webinar, make yourself and your teams aware, and do everything you can to make it harder on the bad guys to make you their next victim.