Phoenix, Ariz. (Dec. 31, 2014) – ClearDATA today announced that 2014 was a banner year for the healthcare-exclusive provider of cloud computing, platform and information security services. Among the company’s leading accomplishments, according to company executives, were key partnerships with major health IT companies, new products, awards and recognition.
Awards and recognition:
- Frost & Sullivan recognized ClearDATA with the 2014 North American Healthcare Cloud Leadership Award. ClearDATA received this recognition for its broad product portfolio comprised of Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service as well as professional and managed services.
- ClearDATA was also prominently profiled as an industry leader who will lead market growth in the next 3–5 years in Frost & Sullivan’s report, “Opportunities in Healthcare Cloud Application in the US and Europe” (Oct. 2014).
- The company was designated as a major player in the North American Healthcare Cloud Computing Market in MarketsandMarkets’ 2014 North America Healthcare Cloud Computing Market – Forecast to 2018 report.
Software vendors are increasingly offering cloud-enabled or SaaS (Software as a Service) versions of their software in order to reduce their customers’ capital expenses, lower IT support and maintenance costs, and allow customers to implement or upgrade their software more quickly and efficiently. Several major healthcare software companies partnered with ClearDATA because of its exclusive healthcare focus, excellent track record with security and servicing, and extensive expertise with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance, privacy, and regulatory standards. Below is a representative list of new healthcare software companies that have joined ClearDATA’s healthcare cloud community:
- Access, a leading provider of enterprise e-forms management and technology solutions for the healthcare industry, selected ClearDATA’s HealthDATA™ Cloud Computing Platform to host its suite of software solutions.
- Central Logic, the healthcare industry’s leading provider of innovative patient flow software, selected ClearDATA’s HIPAA-compliant HealthDATA™ Cloud Computing Platform and Security Services to host its software solutions. Central Logic provides its patient flow software and solutions to hundreds of hospital sites in the United States.
- HealthUnity, a leading health information technology company dedicated to secure, privacy-protected health information acquisition, integration, exchange and analysis, joined forces with ClearDATA to successfully complete the implementation of secure Direct Messaging capabilities with Consolidated Clinical Document Architecture (CCD-A) transfer for one of the largest hospital systems in the nation.
- Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, handpicked ClearDATA to host its new cloud-based Infor Cloverleaf Integration Suite of software solutions.
- Liaison Technologies, a global provider of secure cloud-based data management and integration services and solutions, will deliver its data services to customers in the healthcare industry on ClearData’s HIPAA-compliant cloud platform.
- Merge Healthcare designated ClearDATA to be the cloud-computing provider for its Merge One software product, designed to connect ambulatory radiology sites to a cloud storage environment. Merge will offer secure application hosting to its customers on ClearData’s HIPAA-compliant HealthData cloud platform.
ClearDATA continued to expand its industry-leading product portfolio with innovative new products that solve some of the most pressing issues in healthcare:
- Launched the industry’s first compliant, intelligent, encryption-based medical image storage solution to provide secure, cost-effective, HIPAA-compliant medical image data protection and storage for hospitals and healthcare organizations of all sizes and types.
- Released a new version of the ClearDATA SSL VPN that delivers industry leading cross-platform security for remotely accessing PHI and other critical applications.
- Introduced a new cloud-based Archive as a Service solution, the first offering of its kind created specifically to meet HIPAA requirements for archiving of healthcare data that does not need to be accessed immediately or regularly.
- Developed a healthcare-exclusive Desktops as a Service (DaaS), a cloud-hosted virtual desktop which includes awarePatientCare for capacity management.
Additional 2014 highlights include:
- HITRUST certification
ClearDATA successfully achieved Common Security Framework (CSF) Certified status from the Health Information Trust Alliance (HITRUST). This independent, third-party certification assures healthcare organizations that ClearDATA’s cloud computing, backup, disaster recovery and professional services meet the highest standards for managing security risks and protecting health information. HITRUST CSF is an information security framework that incorporates international, federal, state and third-party regulations and standards to establish an encompassing, first-class standard for security, privacy and compliance. Standards and regulations incorporated into the certification include HIPAA, HITECH, PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, COBIT, NIST and FTC.
- New office
In October, ClearDATA opened a new office at 77 Geary St. in the heart of San Francisco’s technology belt in Union Square. ClearDATA’s San Francisco location will be key to expanding its software development teams focused on continuous improvements to its HealthDATA™ platform and the company’s strategic technology roadmap efforts.