Kubernetes in Healthcare: Overcoming Security and Compliance Concerns
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and ClearDATA Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) Whitepaper
Healthcare organizations need a new way to innovate and analyze at speed while improving customer satisfaction rapidly and without losing focus on overall value. Solving these challenges isn’t easy, but new technologies can help unlock new business possibilities, enable new forms of service delivery, and improve user satisfaction.
One of these innovative technologies is Kubernetes, the leading platform for managing and orchestrating containerized workloads and services. Since Google open-sourced Kubernetes in 2015, it’s become the de facto standard for containerized application development and deployment because it combines ease of use with flexibility.
Kubernetes allows organizations to:
- Deploy applications quickly and predictably
- Scale applications on the fly
- Roll out new features seamlessly
- Limit hardware usage to required resources only.
To help your organization evaluate the pros and cons of Kubernetes, this paper, built on ClearDATA’s practical, real- world experience in architecting, deploying, and maintaining Kubernetes clusters in healthcare settings, explores:
- The trends and challenges of using Kubernetes
- Solution dimensions of using Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), which runs within the Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Four elements of a fully compliant Kubernetes solution
This paper will help your IT and business decision-makers chart a course to better business outcomes.