Removing Barriers To HIT Transformation
In healthcare, many entities other than the patient finance or reimburse the cost of health services. In most cases, healthcare payers refer to insurance carriers, other third-party payers, or health plan sponsors such as employers or unions. Although their main jobs are as financial intermediaries, they still must adhere to all the compliance requirements of other healthcare organizations, including safeguarding PHI. And they must deal with massive volumes of information, including sensitive financial information.
Patient privacy issues (including concerns about data breaches) will continue to be top-of-mind for payers, especially with ongoing data breaches in the news. Providers and payers both will need to step up data security to avoid the type of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) violations that can negatively impact an organization.
For payers, ClearDATA:
- Offers a fully compliant cloud infrastructure capable of integrating many disparate operations.
- Adheres to the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules and HITECH Act.
- Is backed by the latest security technologies and practices.
- Has a healthcare dedicated cloud infrastructure and is supported by a talented healthcare-savvy staff with professional consulting expertise.
Specific services include:
- HIPAA compliance
- PHI security
- HIPAA-compliant storage, backup, disaster recovery, data privacy, and security to deal with Meaningful Use 2 requirements
- Big data support
- Secure email and collaboration
- Business continuity
- Infrastructure agility
- Security Risk Assessment and Remediation Services
- Health data management