Join ClearDATA at the Xtelligent HealthITSecurity Virtual Summit
Is HIPAA in Your Hip Pocket for Virtual Health?
Tuesday, October 6, 2020
Chief Privacy & Security Officer and Founder, CISSP, CCSP, CIPP/US, CIPT
Chris Bowen is Founder and Chief Privacy and Security Officer at ClearDATA. He leads ClearDATA’s internal privacy, security and compliance strategies as well as advises on the security and privacy risks faced by customers, which include global healthcare organizations, payers, providers, life science companies, and market leading innovators from Asia Pacific, North American, and Europe. Mr. Bowen also leads ClearDATA’s international security risk consulting practice and has provided counsel to some of the world’s largest healthcare organizations.
He is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and Certified Cloud Security Professional from (ISC)2. As one of the leading experts on patient privacy and health data security, Chris has authored dozens of articles and is a frequent speaker at national healthcare industry events.
Mr. Bowen is a renowned expert in health-related privacy and has deep expertise in multiple public cloud platforms. He has spoken nationally on topics spanning health data security, privacy, HIPAA and GDPR compliance, cybercrime, and breach preparedness. In the past four years alone, he has served as a faculty member for and lectured at the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Health Law Institute, as well as presented at:
- multiple, consecutive National HIMSS Conferences
- the Amazon Alexa Challenge in Seattle
- the Start-X-Med: Stanford Inaugural Conference in Palo Alto
- two Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI) Annual Conferences
- the American Health Lawyers Association Health Information and Technology Practice Group
- the Healthcare Informatics RBMA 360 conference
- the National Dental EDI Council (NDEDIC) as keynote, to name a few.
He has been published by Network World, HealthDATA Management, Becker’s Health IT & CIO Review, Mission Critical, Healthcare Business News (DotMed), Journal of mHealth (UK), HIT Leaders and News, Healthcare Info Security, California Health Information Association (CHIA) Journal, and many others.
He holds a M.B.A. and B.S. in Economics from Arizona State University.
- How US Healthcare Providers Should Prepare for GDPR
- Why the new EU privacy rule will be challenging for providers
- Who does what in the wake of a healthcare data breach
- How to keep the top exec up to speed on security issues
- Nine Common Security and Compliance Risks and How to Overcome Them
- A CIO’s Journey to the Cloud
- Anatomy of a Ransomware Attack
- Anatomy of a Healthcare Data Breach
- Healthcare Cloud Security Myths Debunked
- Mitigating Security Risks from Medical Devices
- BYOD Trends, Gaps and Challenges
- And many more